Terms Of Service
FAMILY RECOVERY EDUCATION AND COACHING
WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
Warning: Read carefully. This Agreement includes a waiver of liability and legal rights and deprives you of the right to sue Families United, Andrea Neiers Arlington and Acadia Malibu Inc., DBA Alo House Recovery Centers (“Companies”), GTCLA and other Waived Parties.
Companies provides private coaching, access to BALM Family Recovery Comprehensive, free group family coaching (“Coaching”) to friends and family members of individuals who suffer from substance abuse. For and in consideration of allowing me to participate in Coaching, I, for myself, and on behalf of my spouse, children, parents, guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, hereby agree to and make the following contractual representations pursuant to this Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity Agreement (the “Agreement”):
- I am voluntarily participating in Coaching and I accept sole responsibility for my own psychological, mental, emotional, and social well-being.
- I understand and acknowledge that Coaching is provided for informational and educational purposes only, and that attending Coaching does not create a provider-patient relationship between me and Companies or Companies staff member(s). I understand and acknowledge that nothing presented during Coaching is intended to replace the services of or be a substitute for advice of a physician or health care professional.
- I understand and acknowledge that it is my sole responsibility to ascertain my need for professional counseling and to seek such professional services as needed. I acknowledge that my participation in Coaching is not to be construed as a substitute for psychiatric treatment, psychotherapy, or any other form of professional counseling or therapy.
- I understand and acknowledge that participating in Coaching involves risks which include, without limitation, experiencing uncomfortable feelings like sadness, guilt, anger, frustration, loneliness, and/or helplessness; the potential that my relationship with my friend or family member will deteriorate, the potential that my friend or family member’s substance abuse may not improve and may become worse; and other undefined risks not be readily foreseeable (the “Risks”). I understand that these Risks may be caused in whole or in part by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others, or the acts, inactions, or negligence of the Waived Parties (defined below). I hereby expressly assume all such Risks and responsibility for any damages, liabilities, losses, or expenses that I incur as a result of my participation in Coaching.
- I hereby waive all claims and covenant not to sue, Companies, and its respective officers, directors, partners, shareholders, agents, employees, contractors, and volunteers (collectively, the “Waived Parties”), for any claim(s), demand(s), cause(s) of action, damage(s), loss or expense, including court costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees of any kind or nature whatsoever (“Liability”) which may arise out of, result from, or relate to my participation in Coaching, including claims for Liability caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Waived Parties.
- I further agree that if, despite this Agreement, I, or anyone on my behalf, make a claim for Liability against any of the Waived Parties, I will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Waived Parties from any such Liability which may be incurred as a result of such a claim.
I hereby warrant that I have read this Agreement carefully, understand its terms and conditions, and acknowledge that I am giving up substantial legal rights by clicking the Terms of service box.